Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WEEKLY DEAL: Holiday Memory

In preparation for the holidays, we would love to hear about your holiday memories. If you comment on this blog about one of your fondest, exciting, strange, sad, wacky, etc memories you can receive a free sample pack of VCC coffee!!!

For example, this memory was a huge thanksgiving meal we had while I was living in Cincinnati. A bunch of my friends came together and had a potluck thanksgiving feast. Ummm... good food, good friends! We actually got bmx guys to cook... Now that's a huge deal!

Let us know about your holiday story!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger McKenzie said...

Hey that's me! I'm really enjoying the turkey that was carved with a swiss army knife.

If only we had some Vienna coffee with our pie!

November 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger lets stone him said...

I can't think of a particular memory but really... its all about the food for me. (Though friends and family are nice too.) Growing up, Thanksgivings were really a harvest celebration of local farms and gardens. Turkey from the local turkey farm (now gone), squash, potatoes, beans, corn, all from our family's gardens. And pie, lots and lots of grandma's pie. Though I never did understand the mince meat pie. Only 2 people liked it and yet we had to have it every year.

I need to go eat now...

November 11, 2008 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger cafenginer said...

I'm always amused that my 25 yr old still want's me to read "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve. We hang stockings, set out cookies & (Adult) beverages (OK, some traditions need to be updated occasionally!) and still don't get to bed till after midnight. No bicycles to assemble, yet the evening stretches into morning every year. I love having my girls around the house, even if it is just for a day or two.

November 30, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home